Active Directory on Windows 2003 R2 – Primary
1. A fully working AD is complemented by DHCP and DNS.
2. When sharing DOS based application with database, turn off offline caching to prevent unwanted lockups and corruption of files.
3. Roaming profile files should be stored in another server and offline chaching must be turned off as well. Everything is copied in a roaming profile except of Internet Cache and temporary data.
4. An email server within the domain must be entered in the DNS with its IANA IP.
Windows 2003 SP2 – Secondary AD
1. Must be the backup station with DDS3 tape and External raid storage.
2. Logon script must be updated to reflect the drive mapping relevant to change in 1
Working with Roaming User Profiles
Profile and Folder Redirection In Windows Server 2003
Step by Step Guide to Settiing Up Addtional Domain Controller